Frequently Asked Questions - What are my obligations
- Can I distribute links that direct users to an advertisement, or to a third party website.
- Am I obligated to distribute all my blog posts through this system?
- What rights does Unified Social Media have to use the content that I provide through my registered RSS feed?
- Do I have to display the widget with my friends’ links on every page of my blog?
- Do I have to display the ad link at the bottom of the widget?
- Can I open more than one account?
- Can I have more than one registered website?
NO. The links you distribute through the system must be to content on the website subdomain that is registered with the account. If you register the url myblog.example.com, then every link you distribute must lead to a web page on the myblog.example.com subdomain.
NO. Only the blog posts that are available through the RSS that you register with your account will be publicized through your network.
You maintain your copyright. Unified Social Media receives a right to use and redistribute the content available through your RSS feed and content you may post manually on the Unified Social Media website. Check the Terms of Service for details. Unified Social Media needs to have the right to redistribute your content, in order to publicize it through your network of websites.
YES. The ad displayed on your link sharing widget lets us offer our unique cutting-edge blog promotion service for free. In the future we plan on releasing a premium version of our service that will not include the advertisement at the bottom of the link sharing widget.
NO. Opening more than one account is a violation of the Terms of Service.
Not yet. We understand that since you cannot open more than one account, you may want to register more than one blog. This is not currently possible, but we are working on adding this feature.